Ski Resorts in British Columbia
Unbeatable terrain, few crowds and huge dumps of powder gives BC its fame. There’s even a list of resorts sitting on the ‘Powder Highway’ which should give you an idea of the snowfall here.
- Tons of snowfall
- Large and epic terrain
- Small crowds
- Infamous BC heli-skiing
- Home to Whistler-Blackcomb
- Some more popular resorts are a few hours’ drive from nearest international airport
- Crowds can be an issue at some resorts during US holidays
- Fly into Vancouver International Airport, Kelowna International Airport or Calgary International Airport depending on which resort you visit.
- Best way to resorts from the airports is renting a car and driving. The journey can be anywhere between an hour although mostly are a few hours away. Some resorts closer to airports have shuttle buses including some of the closest ski resorts to Kelowna. See our British Columbia ski resorts map above to see where the best mountains are located.
Whistler-Blackcomb is one of the best ski resorts in British Columbia but there are plenty more that you need to ski. From the resort with North’s America’s biggest vertical drop to one of the best resorts for powder skiing in Canada, we’ve teamed up with the locals to bring you the best ski resorts in British Columbia!
These local gems offer a good mix of terrain, cheaper lift tickets and quiet slopes all within a laid-back vibe. Some feature ski-in/ski-out lodging while for others you’ll find better options in the nearby town. Nonetheless, they don’t receive as much attention as the big names which mean even fewer crowds on the slopes!
These resorts have been picked out of the crowd for their family-friendly slopes, top-notch ski schools and wide range of fun kids activities, all of which are all key to the ultimate family vacation. Most importantly, these resorts have an abundance ski-in/ski-out lodging options so you don’t have to lug multiple skis around.
|Best for Beginners||Big White, Sun Peaks|
|Best for Intermediates||Silver Star, Big White|
|Best for Advanced and Experts||Fernie Alpine, Red Mountain, Revelstoke|
|Best for All-rounder||Whistler-Blackcomb|
|Highest Summit Elevation|| Kicking Horse|
|Highest number of runs||Whistler-Blackcomb|
|Largest ski area||Whistler-Blackcomb|
|Highest number of lifts||Whistler-Blackcomb|